The PARIS CHALLENGE basketball tournament is in compliance with FIBA rules 5 on 5, except for these points below.
- The basketball tournament is taking place in a huge gym, especially dedicated to basketball, located in Paris and accessible by subway. This basketball center is brand new and has been recently inaugurated by NBA French players.
- Click here to see pictures.
- Teams must be present in the gym at least 30 minutes before their game start (a delay of 5 minutes according to the official schedule will forfeit the game).
- Warm-up with balls (pepper and hitting lines) only lasts 15 minutes (we advise you to start your conditioning warm-up before the ongoing game).
- The 5 players on the court must wear the same jersey (at least same color).
- All games are led by official referees.
- Games are played with 2 halves of 13 minutes (TIME CONTINUE).
- 1 minute half-time break.
- In case of draw, one 3 minute extra-time will be played (if teams are still tied, 5 free throws by team, then sudden death).
- 5 players are required on the court to start the game.
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed.
- 1 coach timeout by game (30 seconds).
POOL RANKING SYSTEM
- Win= 2 points.
- Loss = 1 point.
- Forfeit = 0 point.
In case of draw after the ranking pool:
- Set difference.
- Point difference.
- Match winner between tied teams.
- 4 personal fouls by player
- The organization could exclude or disqualify a player in case of bad attitude.